TOP 10 FOODS TO EAT if You've Got Candida
TOP 10 FOODS TO AVOID if You've Got Candida
1. Coconut Oil: It's a potent anti-fungal and also an immune system strengthener.
2. Garlic: It has powerful anti-fungal properties to attack Candida.
3. Onions: They have strong anti-fungal, anti-bacterial and anti-parasitic properties.
4. Seaweed: It flushes toxic pollutants and heavy metals from the body.
5. Rutabaga: Although it looks and feels like a potato or turnip (which are higher in sugar and should be eaten in moderation), rutabaga has very strong anti-fungal properties and makes one hell of a baked french fry alternative.
6. Ginger: This naturally detoxes the body, increasing circulation and detoxifying the liver.
7. Olive Oil: It contains a plant chemical named Oleuropein, a powerful anti-fungal, and has been proven to balance blood sugar.
8. Lemon and lime Juice: They stimulate the peristaltic action of your colon, which helps gets things moving through your digestive tract. These are amazing cleansers.
9. Pumpkin Seeds: They're high in Omega-3 fatty acids, which have anti-fungal, anti-viral and anti-parasitic properties.
10. Raw Apple Cider Vinegar: Raw apple cider vinegar is rich in natural enzymes, encourages the growth of healthy bacteria, and balances your body's pH level.
1. Fruits & fruit juices: Although the sugar is natural, they still feed the candida.
2. Breaded, cured & smoked meats & fish: They're often loaded with sugar or sulfates.
3. Condiments: Common ones such as ketchup, mayonnaise, mustard and soy sauce are mostly sugar and/or vinegar. Note that Eden Organic makes great mustard with Apple Cider Vinegar which is the only vinegar allowed on the Candida Diet.
4. Sugar alternatives: This includes honey, agave, rice syrup, molasses etc. These are still sugar, unfortunately.
5. Corn, peanuts & pistachios: They carry mold. Bummer.
6. Beans & grains: High in carbohydrates which readily convert to sugar when digested.
7. Soy products: If you are still on the soy bandwagon, this is your stop.
8. Dairy products: Unless it's fermented, forget it. Milk contains lactose, which is a sugar.
9. Alcohol: Not only high in sugar, alcohol is also tough on the immune system.
10. Mushrooms & pickles: Not similar but equally sad to eliminate. Mushrooms are yeast themselves and pickles are made from vinegar (usually not Apple Cider Vinegar).
While adopting this diet isn’t easy, the rewards can be profound—increased energy, clearer thinking, and fewer cravings. I encourage you to stick with it and learn to live to your fullest potential. Keep me posted!